Conflicts and issues within one’s community prevent its members from living happy, peaceful, productive and secure lives. While promoting and maintaining peace in your own community is not very easy to do, it would be great to be able to contribute to finding ways to achieve this peace. It is definitely challenging and one needs to arm himself with effort and commitment. He must have the patience and the rapport to establish friendly relationships with his neighbors and learn some strategies to prevent disagreements and violence.
Strategies In Maintaining The Peace And Joy In Your Community
- Get To Know Your Fellow Members. That’s a start. While you’re walking to the grocery store, always keep a smile so people you meet will smile back at you. If you find something general to talk about, go ahead and start a conversation with the woman next in line. After that, you can introduce yourself. You may run some rounds in the park and meet some fellow jog and running enthusiasts who can become your usual companions. Connect with them. You won’t go wrong when you’re friendly.
- Walk Around Your Neighborhood. This is one way of getting to know your community’s history, its residents, and the diverse way of life of the different families. Be interested in the place and with its people. If you are, then it will actually show, and they will approach you and invite you over for coffee or drinks. It would be a great opportunity to know your neighbors and what they do and don’t like, thus avoiding conflict.
- If There’s A Leader, Suggest A Community Event. Participating in community meetings is one way of making friends. It is also a way of knowing how to pacify conflicting issues regarding the neighborhood, keeping the children safe, and promoting peace through activities like sports, community festivals, and other great events that encourage teamwork and friendships. If there are issues raised by parents or other concerned members, these should be addressed through a peaceful discussion, including finding possible solutions.
- Join In Community Volunteer Openings. When one’s community is active, there is an opportunity to do your part, such as preparing for snacks for community meetings, offering to teach and play games with the children during after-church gatherings, or committing to volunteer in a giveback event. It can be within your own community or it can be in other communities. A soup kitchen is a famous activity that you and your family can volunteer in. Other volunteer programs can be found in animal and homeless shelters.
- Be A Role Model. When you are part of a community, it would be wise to make it an obligation to be kind to others and to do little good deeds for the children – and adults – to see and follow. You don’t have to be an officer or a community leader to instill a peace-loving, happy, and kind nature. You can always practice those in your everyday life.
Try to be patient when someone starts an argument. Smile and lend a hand when someone can’t handle something on his own. Be the kind of person that you want your community to be. Then that peace and happiness are definitely achievable.